DIY Pumpkin Spice Syrup for Coffee



You have absolutely no idea how happy I am that I found this recipe! It's like Dunkin' Donuts pumpkin coffee but 100x better because it's homemade and less expensive. When my first test batch came out I was totally skeptical, but the proof is in the puddin'. I did have a problem with straining out all the spices and pumpkin, but a cloudy syrup is the least of my troubles now that I have this syrup. You probably have all the ingredients to make it in your house right now, so you have no excuse not to try it.




And now, on to more important things. I read the blog Annie's Eats on a daily basis and she just posted this story about her trip to the restaurant Alinea. You actually have to score tickets to this place months in advance at around $250 a piece depending on the dinner that night. I'd never heard of it before her post, but I quickly became interested after I read her description and found out that it's been named one of top restaurant in the country by many. Now I just have to get all nerdy and read chef Grant Achatz's memiors as soon as I can get it. Anyone else itching to go to Alinea?

Pumpkin Spice Syrup

INGREDIENTS 
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups sugar (I used 3/4 cups sugar and supplement w/Stevia)
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3 tbsp pumpkin puree

DIRECTIONS
Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has completely dissolved. Whisk in the spices and the pumpkin puree. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, without letting the mixture come to a boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth (tripled up) and store in your container of choice. Store in the refrigerator.

SOURCE
adapted from Annie's Eats

No Response to "DIY Pumpkin Spice Syrup for Coffee"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes