Spicy Lime Corn on the Cob with Mayonnaise and Parmesan


Let me start off by saying that I have had bronchitis for the past two weeks. It's been a little hard to bake let alone convince healthy people to eat my cooking. So now that I am a little bit better...



I first saw this recipe on PBS on a show about farmers. It was so intriuging to me that I knew I had to make it; I'd never seen anything like it before. I then proceeded to forget all about it until I was watching Top Chef Masters re-runs and one of the contestants made a version of this for the quickfire challenge. I was so sold on it I made it right away.



After looking on the internet for a while and coming across a few different versions I decided to go with my own method. Basically this needs 5 components-grilled corn, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and lime. Sooo freaking yummy!! Mixing the lime juice and zest into the mayonnaise makes this easier to eat than if you squeezed the lime juice on top. It also thins out the mayo a bit (less calories ha!!). I developed my own weird little method of grilling the corn. I first steam it as usual, cooking it a bit under what I normally would. I then heat up a cast iron skillet to burning hot and char it on all sides to get that grilled flavor. Obviously a grill would be the premier method here. It was raining. Bottom line: try this next time you grill (or whatever) corn!!!!

Spicy Lime Corn on the Cob with Mayonnaise and Parmesan

3 grilled (or any way really) corn on the cob
3 tbl mayonnaise
zest and juice from 1 lime
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
cayenne pepper to taste
coarse sea salt
lime wedges to serve

Grill the corn cobs any way you like (see above for me rainy day method). In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, lime zest, and juice. Lightly brush the corn cobs with mayonnaise mixture and sprinkle/roll in parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste. Serve with lime wedges.

Yummy!!

1 Response to Spicy Lime Corn on the Cob with Mayonnaise and Parmesan

May 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Wow what a great combination!! This sounds fantastic, I'll definitely be trying this! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes