Baked Avocado Fries



Here's another delicious recipe that I found on Pinterest. I had these fries somewhere before and I remember them being delicious with their tangy dipping sauce. You might think baked avocado fries are somewhat healthy, but they're coated in flour, egg, and panko so don't get your hopes up, this isn't a health food recipe! But I did leave the nutritional info at the bottom, anyways. Keep in mind that most of the coatings won't stick so the calorie content is slightly higher than the actual finished product (yipee!). I totally ate a serving of these as dinner last night, because sometimes you just need to eat crispy crunchy avocado and Vitamin water zero. Then you don't feel so bad when the sea salt caramel gelato in the freezer calls your name. The Big E starts tomorrow, too, so I have to make sure I save my precious calories for fried oreos and gyros! =D

Baked Avocado Fries
yield: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
1 tsp kosher salt
squeeze lime juice

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Pour the flour, eggs, and panko into separate wide bowls. Sprinkle avocado slices liberally with kosher salt.

In an assembly line fashion coat avocado slices first in flour, tapping off excess to get a very thin dusting. Then coat lightly in the egg and then directly into the panko, using your hands to pat the breadcrumbs onto every side.

Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Place the rack onto a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with more salt and bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown (I turned my oven up to 500 for the last 5 minutes). Add a squeeze of lime juice and enjoy!

SOURCE
slightly adapted from Beth Cooks

NUTRITION INFORMATION
1 servings = 1/4th recipe
Amount per Serving
Calories 270.4
Total Fat 16.2 g
    Saturated Fat 2.6 g
Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
    Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
    Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 7.5 g

1 Response to Baked Avocado Fries

September 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM

What a cool recipe!! I would have never thought of this one. :)

PS... I need to venture outside with my new camera... see how the light works out there. I don't have any clue what I'm doing either.. aperture... and all that... is Greek to me still. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes