New York Style Cheesecake Cupcakes


So this is a really great cheesecake recipe for lazy people (like me). It takes minimal effort, even less than that to bake cupcakes. It makes exactly 12 cupcake-sized cheesecakes that can be topped with anything, but taste better plain if you ask me. I had to cut Martha Stewart's recpie by 2/3 to get this amount. It turned out to be perfect for 12 cupcakes. Don't you love how things like that just work out? Lovely.


On another note, I think my bout with bronchitis has fully resolved itself, leaving me free to go back into the kitchen to bake my little heart out. Yay!



New York Style Cheesecake Cupcakes

12 vanilla wafers (optional)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbl all-purpose flour
2 pckg (16 ounces) cream cheese at room temp
1/3 cup sour cream at room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs

Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners and place a wafer in the bottom of each if you prefer crust (I go crustless). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the flour and sugar in a large bowl.

In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the flour and sugar mixture, beating each addition until there are no lumps. Scrape down the bowl and beat in the sour cream and vanilla on medium speed. Turn the mixer to low and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the bowl and beat on medium speed for another minute.

Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin pan filling each cup 3/4 of the way full, and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Let the cheesecakes cool for 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.

Adapted from Martha Stewart


3 Response to New York Style Cheesecake Cupcakes

February 2, 2012 at 11:27 AM

First time here! These are absolutely gorgeous, my idea of heaven! Lin xx

February 2, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Thanks! If you like my site, you can "follow" me on your feed reader. Thanks for visiting! :)

Anonymous
June 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I like this recipe and idea! I do not eat eggs. How do I make it without eggs?
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes