Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)






I think I may have to switch to these cookies permanently as a rule. They're so rich, fudgey, and peanut buttery that they satisfy my craving for Reese's and then some. My mom even loved them, and she's more of a salty person than a sweet person. Unfortunately we at all of them by ourselves before poor sick Riley could taste them. She's got croup, or something like it, and a wicked fever. On the plus side, by the time she's feeling better I'll have plenty more ready for her in place of all the Halloween candy she'll want to be eating.

That's the thing with these cookies. They're super healthy!!! There's zero flour, sugar, buter, or eggs in them. They're strictly made up of dates, peanuts, and cocoa (and a few other dashes of things) which makes them vegan and gluten free. I'm just excited that they taste so freaking good!

On a side note, you can see from the pictures that I'm having a hard time making up my mind tonight. The bottom two were taken on my counter using incandescent lighting. The top two were taken right in front of the window with natural light. Huge difference, right?

Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Yield: 8 cookies

INGREDIENTS
5 dates, pitted
20 roasted, unsalted peanuts (a small handful)
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
dash vanilla extract
pinch salt
splash almond milk
chocolate chips, optional

DIRECTIONS
Add all ingredients except almond milk and chocolate chips to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add enough almond milk to form a very thick dough. Roll the dough into 8 balls, flatten slightly, and garnish with chocolate chips. Eat as is or chill until firm.

SOURCE
inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie

4 Response to Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free)

October 30, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Looks decadent and delicious. Love that it's vegan! I am saving this recipe for a vegan friend of mine. :)

January 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Hey! These cookies look amazing. So much so that I included one of them on a blog post I wrote about "mudslide cookies". I gave you full credit and linked the image back to this page. Thanks for sharing! Here's the post - http://wp.me/p1cn3Q-zr

Anonymous
February 12, 2013 at 5:52 PM

So, you don't need to bake these at all??

March 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Made these today.....the dough was really sticky. Is that normal?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes