Sweet Biscuits


Holy yummy! These are the best biscuits I have ever had. They are flaky, tender, and sweet. Most importantly, they taste amazing. The second best thing about these biscuits is that they are sooo easy to make. They don't require any special equipment, they can be made in one bowl, and cleanup is wicked fast! Can you tell, I am in love with these biscuits?

95% of the things I bake are based on personal cravings. The craving for these started with Schwann's frozen breakfast sandwiches (meat removed, obvi!). I've always had a thing for the McGriddles from McDonald's ever since I first tried them. For those who don't know, they are a breakfast sandwich in between two maple pancakes. The sweet and salty thing is what I go for. The first thing I thought when I bit into the Schwann's breakfast sandwich was that it was the best breakfast sandwich I'd ever eaten. Seriously. And I'm not even ashamed. I realized the thing that did it was the sweetness of the biscuit. It balanced perfectly with the salty egg and cheese and gave the breakfast sandwich a whole new depth of flavor.

These are going down in history as my all time favorite go-to biscuit recipe. I haven't made a breakfast sandwich or strawberry shortcake yet because I was so excited to share these. But trust me, there will be a whole lot of biscuit-including desserts and recipes being made at my house from now on. The pushy Schwann's lady who sells me my indulgent frozen food is going to be totally bummed.

Sweet Biscuits

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbl baking power
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 tbl salted butter, ice cold and cut into cubes
3/4 cup cold half and half

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a rack in the lowest position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Prepare a cutting board with about 1/4 cup flour for kneading and have a 2 1/2 inch diameter round biscuit cutter ready, I use the top of a juice glass for this.

In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Cut in the cold butter until the pieces are no bigger than small peas, I do this using a tool then switch to my hands for the last 15 sec to make sure the butter is cut in; the main thing is to do this quickly to avoid the butter softening. Next, stir in the half and half just until the mixture comes together, it will be very wet.

Pour out the mixture onto the prepared cutting board/surface. Knead the dough with the flour on the cutting board about 10 times, do not overknead. Flatten the dough to 1 inch thick, cut out rund biscuits, and place on pepared baking sheet 1/2 inch apart. Bake in a HOT preheated oven about 15 minutes or until the bottoms are brown. Enjoy warm or save and use for breakfast sandwiches, strawberry shortcake, etc.

Adapted from cooks.com

No Response to "Sweet Biscuits"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes