Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Peach Corn Muffins


Today I found a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix that went bad in December 2010. My mom told me it was still good...I don't know how I feel about disregarding expiration dates. I like that they're on there and I trust them to be right 90% of the time.


The other 10% of the time I just throw things away because they're too close to the expiration date and that freaks me out too. I used to be known as the "expiration date queen". I wouldn't drink a glass of milk before seeing the jug it came in...bad experiences I tell you. Once you taste chunky milk you never forget it.


Anyways, I have no idea why I am talking about bad milk and expiration dates when I'm supposed to be posting about cinnamon vanilla glazed peach corn muffins. I guess I got on that track because of the corn muffin mix.


 I hope you're still reading since I ended up making corn muffins from scratch using the back of the corn meal package recipe. I had some really juicy peaches so I put them in there too. Since they turned out a little overbaked and dry I added a cinnamon vanilla glaze that made them 96% better.


If you like peach these are pretty darn good. I've made peach cupcakes before that tasted like nothing and these actually taste like a fresh peach. Next time you are making corn muffins, think about adding some fresh fruit to change them up!


Peach Corn Muffins

1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
3/4 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tbl baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large peaches
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
3 tbl salted butter, melted
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with liners.

In a large bowl whisk together the corn meal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Set aside.

Finely dice one peach and puree the other in a food processor until smooth.

In a medium bowl whisk together the peach puree, buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the diced peaches. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze

1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tbl milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
raw sugar (optional)

Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over peach corn muffins. Top with more cinnamon and raw sugar, if desired.

1 Response to Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Peach Corn Muffins

August 4, 2011 at 8:38 PM

These sound and look really tasty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes