Churros


I hate to say that the past few days I just haven't been feeling well. I tried to make it a habit to post five days a week, but sometimes life gets in the way. I wanted to have something really great to post today, but I just didn't get around to baking this week (yet). So, for now, this churro recipe will have to suffice...because it is delicious. This is the final recipe I've got to share from my Foodbuzz 24x24, and it was my favorite part of the meal: dessert! Churros are fried deliciousness - crispy crunchy on the outside and soo creamy on the inside. Once you coat them in cinnamon sugar they become irresistably sweet. I'm checking out for now to go finish a mountain of clinical work and study for a test, but I hope this satisfies someone's need!

Churros

3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbl dark brown sugar
2 egg yolks
vegetable oil
cinnamon-sugar mixture

In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour and baking soda to combine. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Mix in the salt and brown sugar to dissolve. Remove from the heat and slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth.

Being careful not to cook the egg yolks, beat them into the mixture one at a time. Continue beating until the mixture comes together and becomes smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool.
Prepare a large pastry bag with a large star tip. Heat a few inches of oil in a large saucepan to 375 degrees on a candy thermometer. Spoon the batter into the piping bag and pipe 4-inch lengths of dough into the oil to fry (don't crowd, 5 or 6 at a time is fine), cutting off each length of dough with kitchen shears. Fry 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove onto paper towels and dust lightly with cinnamon-sugar.

Recipe adapted from Classic Mexican Kitchen by Jane Milton.

4 Response to Churros

October 19, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I love churros!! These looks like there were fun to make and eat. I'm sorry you were not feeling well the last few days. Hope you're all better soon! :)

October 19, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Hope you feel better soon.

I love churros. Great recipe.

October 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I love churros....well anything cinnamon and sugar really. They look fantastic. Sorry your not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon. I used to post everyday of the week but have cut back to 2 days a week as I always have so much going on with the kids etc. Such is life. :)

October 24, 2011 at 5:23 AM

mmmmm...churrrros. i've always wanted to make these, thank you for the delicious-looking recipe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes