Cranberry Sauce




Before I can really get down to Christmas, I feel the need to truly wrap up Thanksgiving. At home I'm decorating the house with Christmasy things, listening to Christmas music, enjoying peppermint hot chocolate, and thinking about every Christmas baked good imaginable. But seeing as how Thanksgiving was just last week, I've got to throw it an homage and post some of the things that I made. This week is going to be packed with Thanksgiving day desserts and food giving me some extra time to bake up some Christmas love for next week. Did I mention I am a Christmas fanatic??? :)

Cranberry sauce has been a staple on our Thanksgiving day table as far back as I can remember. In all of its can-shaped glory it sits there virtually untouched by anyone but my mom. She loves canned cranberry sauce but for just about everyone else it is gag-worthy. My best friend's mom used to make the best homemade cranberry sauce I've ever tasted. We used to eat it by the bowl full. It had nuts in it and it didn't taste the slightest bit bitter which is why we loved it. This version is almost as good.

Cranberry Sauce

1 1/4 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 pckg (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Bring all ingredients to a soft boil and cook for 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Serve warm or cold.

Source: Sarah Cupcake original.

No Response to "Cranberry Sauce"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes