Jack Daniels Balls



Yup, I wrote that. Jack. Daniels'. Balls. (Get your mind outta the gutter...hehe). Seriously, though, these are the perfect little dessert cookie to bring to a holiday party. Who's not going to love chocolate and leftover gingerbread cookie scraps rolled into little balls infused with a hefty amount of Jack Daniels?? I was really drawn to this after I made gingerbread houses, and realized I was going to have way more gingerbread cookie scraps than I could personally snack on. I thought about grinding them and making pie crusts or parfaits, but while looking in a family cookbook for an italian sprinkle cookie recipe I came across these little gems. There were two versions listed, rum balls and Jack Daniels Balls. I happened to be able to spot a half full bottle of Tenessee whiskey out of the corner of my eye at that very moment, making this little encounter quite serendipitous. I like to refer to my foodie experiences dramatically.  These have a serious kick of Jack Daniels and would be great at a holiday party. Cheers, Merry Christmas!




Jack Daniels Balls

8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup gingerbread, finely ground
3 tbl Jack Daniels whiskey
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Melt the chocolate and butter in a metal bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Remove from the heat and add the gingerbread crumbs and Jack Daniels. Mix to combine. Chills for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll into balls. Roll the mixture by tablespoons into balls and set on a sheet of parchment paper over a large cookie sheet. Freeze for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile whisk together the powdered sugar and cocoa. Roll the balls in the mixture and chill before serving. **Makes about 40 balls.

Source: Family Recipe

4 Response to Jack Daniels Balls

December 16, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Tsk.. tsk. Naughty girl. LOL! I think these are so cute... but these are definitely for the adults to have a very merry time. :)

December 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM

oooh! ;) Very nice surprise, and I love the color :) Great treat!

Anonymous
December 18, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Haha - this is genius. I too have gingerbread coming out of my ears. I'm getting off the sofa and making them now.

Anonymous
January 18, 2012 at 7:49 PM

yummmmmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes