A Look Back at 2011

2011 was a year of progression and new beginnings for me. I started this blog in March, and began on a new journey of baking and blogging that I could not have imagined! I went to San Francisco for this year's Foodbuzz Blogger Festival. My daughter turned a year older (3!) and I finished my third semester of nursing school. I've come a long way in my photography skills and baking, and I hope that 2012 brings even further advances for me! For now, here are my favorites from 2011.


     
MARCH


These cupcakes were my very first blog post ever, and are still one of the favorite cupcakes I've made. They're really coconutty without being overly sweet.
________________________________________________________________________

APRIL


This pizza is so healthy, it may have to make a comeback in my life very soon. Who would have thought that salad on pizza would be so great, but it's now one of my favorite combinations. I find myself putting salad on everything from pasta to chicken, and I love it.
________________________________________________________________________

MAY


These cupcakes were inspired by a shot I got at a fancy bar. I love the flavors of a blueberry buttermilk cupcake with maple syrup buttercream.
________________________________________________________________________

JUNE


Pate a choux is definitly something everyone should know how to make. It is so easy! I love creampuffs and this lemon version is a must.
________________________________________________________________________

JULY


I got this recipe from an old Betty Crocker cookbook and invented a strawberry milk whipped cream to compliment the light angel food cake. Definitly a must try for spring or summer!
________________________________________________________________________

AUGUST


What can I say about this dish? Just try it! I can't explain how amazing cheese grits, white wine sauce, and shrimp are together. My mouth is watering thinking about how luscious this combo is, but even dieters can exercise moderation every once in a while!
________________________________________________________________________

SEPTEMBER


By now, fall is a distant memory in our minds. But come next year when they leaves begin turning color bake up a batch of this fudge that tastes just like pumpkin pie.
________________________________________________________________________

OCTOBER


These apple fritter muffins were made to go with Peet's Coffee courtesy of Foodbuzz's Tastemaker program. They were so easy to make and came out better than I ever expected. The vanilla sugar glaze on top and chunky apples inside make them just like fritters.
________________________________________________________________________

NOVEMBER


Thanksgiving this year brought the addition of homemade rolls. These plain and simple parker house rolls were so light and buttery. I can't wait to try them again next year with the addition of some fall herbs.
________________________________________________________________________

DECEMBER


Last but not least are these crazy indulgent sticky toffee puddings. Pureed figs and prunes are mixed right into the batter and homemade toffee sauce is baked to a bubbling gooey finish over top. Simply amazing.
________________________________________________________________________


 
Well, there's my roundup of 2011. It was an amazing year filled with excitment and personal growth. I know 2012 will bring even more change, and I can't wait to experience it all along with my passion for food and baking that began this whole journey in the first place. My number one food resolution? This year I want to become more skilled at baking cakes, beautiful delicious cakes. Happy new year!

3 Response to A Look Back at 2011

December 30, 2011 at 4:16 AM

What an amazing 2011!! All the best wishes to you for a wonderful 2012!!

December 30, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Congratulations on all of your accomplishments in 2011! (Those pumpkin fudge bars look especially delicious.) BTW, you'd asked me to let you know when I finally got the Twitter handle set up on my blog. I just did it: @saagAHH (I just followed you on Twitter too.) Happy new year!

December 30, 2011 at 5:58 PM

MAY! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes