Healthy Banana, Flax, and Oat Smoothie



This is my all-time ultimate favorite smoothie recipe. It can easily be switched up by using different flavors of greek yogurt and adding whatever fresh or frozen fruits you have on hand. Personally, I almost always make it as written using vanilla Chobani. It's literally a complete breakfast with the addition of old fashioned oats, and adding some flax meal just makes it that much more healthy. Don't worry, the oats and flax blend up in the smoothie leaving it smooth with just a bit of texture. I actually love this component since most smoothies don't have the chew factor that this one does. I wouldn't feel bad drinking the entire thing as a hearty breakfast, but if you're trying to cut back on calories half of this will fill you up. I usually end up leaving in the morning with a homemade coffee, this smoothie, a water, and sometimes even a Diet Coke for later. What can I say, I love my drinkies. I was so eager to drink this since what you see here is actually my morning smoothie that I couldn't bear to set up a good shot. Sorry folks. I may have to update this soon!





Banana, Flax, and Oat Smoothie


1/2 cup rice milk
1 cup ice, preferably crushed
6 ounces greek yogurt (1 regular sized Chobani)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2 tbl ground flax meal
1 large banana, sliced

Add the ingredients into a blender in the order listed. Blend on low speed to combine, about 30 seconds. Switch to high speed and whiz until completely blended, about 2 minutes. Serve!

Source: Sarah Cupcake original.

Nutrition Facts - 2 servings - Per serving:
 Calories - 270
  Total Fat - 5 g
  Total Carbohydrate - 48 g
     Dietary Fiber - 6 g
     Sugars - 18 g
  Protein - 12 g

1 Response to Healthy Banana, Flax, and Oat Smoothie

March 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Holy cow.. oatmeal in a smoothie!! Wow.. that's something wonderful to try!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes