Banana Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies



These cookies are big, soft, delicious, and healthy. They have whole wheat flour and oats in them which only add to their nutty warm flavor. A pinch of cinnamon really seals the deal. And the chocolate chunks just make everything so much better. I don't feel the slightest bit guilty when I give one of these to my 3 year old daughter Riley. She has no idea that they're healthier than most cookies because they're sweet enough to please anyone.

If I wasn't so intent on a detox for the next few weeks I'd probably be hoarding these cookies under my pillow. I'd probably be eating them instead of baked pears with brown rice. In fact, if I was going to cheat on my detox, I'd pppprooobbably do it with these cookies. Not that I have. Or maybe I did. I don't know for sure, I'm slightly delirious from all the kale and zucchini.

Banana Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup (8 tbl) salted butter, at room temp
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tbl corn syrup
3 egg yolks
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 medium banana, mashed
3.5 ounces dark chocolate (62-70%), chopped into chunks

Whisk together the flours, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.

Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl down with a rubber spatula, and continue mixing. With the mixer still running, add the egg yolks one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix to combine. Add the mashed banana and mix until combined.

Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour mixture all at once. Continue mixing until the dough completely comes together. Add the chocolate chunks and mix briefly to combine. The dough will be very soft and wet. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the dough 2 tablespoonfuls at a time into rounded mounds on the cookie sheet spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source: Sarah Cupcake original.

3 Response to Banana Oat Chocolate Chunk Cookies

March 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

yum! buzzed ya =)

March 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Mmm, looks delicious! I love banana chocolate bread, so why not cookies? :)

March 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I love the idea of adding bananas to cookies, looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes