Milk Bar Carrot Layer Cake









Everybody pray for me tonight! Tomorrow I'm taking my second to last test before the end of the semester and graduation, and I need to get above a 77 and preferably in the 90s! I can't believe it's almost here, and I'm one step closer to achieving my goal of becoming an nurse anesthetist! I can't believe I'm going to be starting a new career and moving on from my life as I've known it. Jason, Riley, and I will FINALLY be able to all move in together and be a family. It's been sooo hard being apart for the past three years!!!

And now on to the cake. This carrot layer cake was something I made for Easter dessert. It's got a total of 10 layers including the carrot cake, liquid cheesecake, milk crumb, and graham cracker frosting. All those flavors mixed together in one bite are aaaaaaaamazing. I can't believe I made this cake!!! Go to this post for more information about the supplies for this cake. The recipe for this is really long and lengthy, and while I'd love to post it all right now (and I'll explain why I'm not) I think I'm going to split up the parts over the next few weeks.

I absolutely love the pictures I took. I don't give a flying crap if Foodgawker or Tastespotting turn them down for their websites. Some of the pictures on that site are crap anyways, I don't know who the hell they have editing that stuff. Anyways, the light was shining in the windows just right and I actually got a decent shot with the background out of focus. Wish it was maybe even a little more out of focus! Right now I'm drinking green tea and doing NCLEX practice questions. I probably won't get any sleep tonight. It's 8pm and I still have to put Riley to bed, go spend time with Jason, put together my poster papers for our group project on gestational diabetes, and STUDY!! I'm jonesing to go to the gym and feel the burn too. God, I already need sleep. The tireds are beginning. And a headache. Wahhhh. At least in Massachusetts there's five Dunkin' Donuts in every town. I don't need the calories, though, so I guess I'll just have to suffer the long sleepless night on green tea with honey and pray that my face doesn't fall in my paper tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!! :X

P.S. Which one of these pictures do you like the best??? And why???

5 Response to Milk Bar Carrot Layer Cake

April 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I LOVE your pictures. Don't care what anyone else says.

And I cannot. believe. you made this cake! Congrats on the cake...AND school!

April 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

First of all... I just said a prayer that you do fantastically well on your exams! 2nd- Your pictures are outstanding as well as this cake!! I say forget about foodgawker and all of those sites that turn down perfectly good photos!! I have never had one of mine published there either. Have a great weekend my friend!! ~ Ramona

April 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

What a super cute cake, this looks amazing! :)

April 13, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Looks really, really delicious - and I love those animal toppers :)

April 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM

This cake looks amazing. It's foodgawker's loss if they don't publish, but buzzed this one! Good luck with your exams.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes