90-Second Nutella Chocolate Cake



One of the hardest part about counting calories is that it's really hard to get in a satisfying sweet tooth fix without completely getting off track. If I'm making a chocolate cake I'm usually consuming 200-500 calories in batter or frosting alone - all those little licks and tastes really add up! Then there's the fact that in my house there's just not enough people to eat an entire chocolate dessert in one sitting, so the leftovers tend to call me late at night. I wonder when I've only got about 1200 calories a day to use how I can possibly fit in a piece of cake or brownie without going over my calorie count for the day.







Luckily I was so desperately hungry the other day that when I came across a full jar of unopened Nutella in my cabinet I started looking for quick and healthy alternatives to a large dessert. I'm so happy I scored with this amazing recipe! It cooks up in the microwave in no time and makes just enough for 1 large or 2 average sized servings. Best of all it's totally gooey and satisfying! Next time you need a sweet tooth fix look no further.




90-Second Nutella Chocolate Cake  
Yield: 1 large or 2 small servings (140 calories per serving)

INGREDIENTS
1 tbl nutella
1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 tbl all-purpose flour
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbl packed light brown sugar
1 tbl milk
pinch salt

DIRECTIONS
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Divide the mixture evenly between two half cup ramekins or add the entire mixture to a large coffee mug. Microwave on 70% power for 90 seconds, checking the cake/s after each 30 seconds for doneness.

SOURCE
adapted from Back to her Roots.

6 Response to 90-Second Nutella Chocolate Cake

May 1, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I'm totally with you I track all my calories for the day. I often find myself comparing things I can eat based on calorie content and trying to make healthy choices. This is not always easy and I have a huge sweet tooth! This cake is perfect.

May 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM

This is both genius and dangerous - love this cake a lot :D
Thanks!

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

May 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM

MMmmmmmmnomnomnom. That looks too good to be legal! :)

May 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM

You had me intrigued with nutella, I was sold at 90-seconds! Sounds great, excuse me while I head to my microwave.

May 2, 2012 at 9:23 AM

You have more willpower than I do if you can live with a jar of Nutella in the house. I'd be standing there at midnight with a big spoon. :) If you rationed my Nutella, though, this dessert looks great!

May 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I couldn't get to your blog post fast enough when I saw the title!! This is amazing!! Thanks for sharing this fun recipe. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes