Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie



This is my all time favorite smoothie recipe, ever! I love love love smoothies. I'd be willing to try out just about anything in smoothie form, something about them just makes me happy. This one, though, hands down has me. I make it almost every morning, and sometimes as a snack, for lunch, or before bed. It's super healthy, creamy, and delicious. And as long as your banana is good and ripe there's absolutely no reason to add honey or any other sweetener. If you think adding oats sounds strange, then you should google oats in smoothies because it's actually a time honored process! It gives the smoothie more body and actually tastes great. Happy smoothie making!




Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie 
Yield: 1 large or 2 small servings

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup sweetened almond milk
1 large ripe banana, sliced
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 tbl peanut butter
1/2 cup ice
1 tbl flax seed meal (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Reserve a few slices of banana. Blend all ingredients together until smooth and and frosty. Garnish with banana slices and a pinch of cinnamon.

SOURCE
Sarah Cupcake original

1 Response to Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie

June 7, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Yes... this will be my breakfast tomorrow. I've got the perfect bananas on my counter for it too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes