Chocolate Crack Cookies





I know I'm supposed to be cooking for fall right now, but these came out looking really snowy and Christmasy. I want to wrap them in a Christmas gift box and give them out. They're super chewy on the inside, almost like a brownie thanks to a ton of melted chocolate and almond flour. I love baking so much that sometimes I forget I'm on a diet and bake whatever I want anyways, without thinking about the consequences. Last night I actually got giddy because I pulled out an old Christmas magazine and inside found about ten different recipes I've been looking for that I'd printed out and made two years ago for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm really looking forward to making some healthier fall recipes, though, so if anyone has ideas please comment and let me know what you like to make around this time that's delicious and healthy.

Chocolate Crack Cookies
yield: about 24 cookies

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
granulated sugar and powdered sugar, for rolling

DIRECTIONS
In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate and butter in 30 seconds intervals until completely melted. Set aside. In a separate bowl whisk together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together the eggs and sugar on high speed until the mixture is tripled in size and forms a ribbon, about 5 minutes. Fold in the chocolate-butter mixture with a rubber spatula. Stir in the flour mixture just until combined. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Add about 1 cup (no need to measure) granulated sugar and powdered sugar to two separate bowls. Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and roll into 24 balls about 1" in diameter.

Roll the balls first in the granulated sugar and then in the powdered sugar. Place them about 1" apart on the cookie sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until just set around the edges. Cool completely on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks.

SOURCE
adapted from David Lebovitz's Ready for Dessert

2 Response to Chocolate Crack Cookies

November 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Yummy! This will be an awesome gift if you visited a friend or a family friend! I was just wondering can you also use a gourmet toffee as the main ingredient in using this? just wondering. But I must say you are really good at this. Good Job!

Kailey Riley
December 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM

My dentist in melbourne strictly advised me to stay away from sweets as much as possible. I guess "looking" at them wouldn't be much of a crime, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes