Endive Salmon Poppers (Paleo)




Before anyone asks, no, I'm not doing the Paleo diet. It would be funny though since it's the polar opposite of being vegetarian, which I used to be a couple years ago. I saw these on a Facebook friend's wall and they just looked so good that I had to make them. I'm a huge lover of smoked salmon and avocado, and I've been trying to eat healthy with as little carbs from bread and grains as possible and work out like a champ lately. These are the perfect snack or light dinner since they're super easy to put together and super tasty and delicious. The avocado is creamy and the tang from the lemon is perfect with the smoked salmon. I'm so glad that I'm finding new healthier recipes to eat that I actually enjoy!

Endive Salmon Poppers
yield: 2 portions

INGREDIENTS
1-2 heads endive
4 oz smoked salmon, chopped
1/2 red onion, minced
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 lemon
sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS
Wash and separate endive leaves. Top with smoked salmon, red onion, and avocado. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over top of each leaf. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

SOURCE
adapted from Paleo Plan

1 Response to Endive Salmon Poppers (Paleo)

September 17, 2012 at 4:37 PM

What a cool idea. Healthy too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes