Margarita Ice Cream


I really should be studyin for my nursing exam right now. Like really really. Seeing as how it is tomorrow at 10am. Seeing as how I've yet to study more than a few lectures...I need to take a break for food. I recently got in a small feud with my mother in which I was labeled delusional and uncompassionate. Those are just the things I can print on this blog. Trust me, the list is much longer. I needed to take time for food then. I need to take time for food ALL the time. This margarita ice cream is a good way to take time...you may just get a buzz off of it. In all fairness, there is not that much tequila in this ice cream but oh boy does it make its flavor appearance. If you like margaritas (and who doesn't really?? tequila is god) then you will love this ice cream. Surprise, it tastes like...a margarita! The best part?? No ice cream maker needed! Let me repeat that, no ice cream maker needed! The alcohol from the tequila and triple sec combined with the whipping of the heavy cream make this a straight to the freezer affair that stays both soft and light(-ish...it is heavy cream). Stay tuned for tequila sunrise ice cream...yum.


YUMMMM

Margarita Ice Cream

1/2 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons tequila
3 tablespoons orange liqueur like triple sec 
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream

Pour the lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.

Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.

Spoon into an airtight container to freeze overnight. This ice cream does not need ripening (softening before serving), as it will not freeze too hard and melts speedily and voluptuously. Sprinkle with margarita salt if desired.

Taken from Nigella Lawson via thefoodnetwork.com

No Response to "Margarita Ice Cream"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes