Watercress and Avocado Salad



I recently found this recipe on Epicurious. It is awful. Horrible. Don't try it!! Wait...that's not right at all. This salad is the most amazing salad ever!!! It's wonderful. I can't compliment this salad enough. I'm seriously amazed at how awesome it it. And this is probably the 4,987,321 salad I've eaten in my life. I love salad. This one is a keeper. I ate the entire thing, then made it again later that night and again the next day. It was scrumptious. Not to mention the C word...but I also do beleive it is low in calories. Shhhhh. Don't tell. Don't blow this salad's cover. It uses apple mush in the dressing. It is splendid. I substituted apple sauce the second time I made it and it worked much better, no wierd apple chunkies. It did not affect the taste. Please do yourself a favor and try it. I am planning on making this for a dinner soon along with sesame encrusted tuna and soba noodles. I'm thinking of...matcha green tea cupcakes with rice crispie treat and marzipan sushis for dessert. I'm in love. :)



Avocado and Watercress Salad

1/4 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
1 tablespoon grated sweet onion such as Vidalia or Walla Walla (use large holes of a box grater)
1/4 cup finely grated peeled Gala apple (use small holes of box grater)
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 cups watercress (thin stems and leaves only; from 1 large bunch)
1 firm-ripe avocado

Stir together vinegar, onion, apple, soy sauce, and sugar until sugar has dissolved, then stir in oil.
Just before serving, toss watercress with enough dressing to coat. Quarter, pit, and peel avocado, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Gently toss with watercress.


Taken from Gourmet, May 2008 via Epicurious



No Response to "Watercress and Avocado Salad"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes