Spicy Curry Veggies

 

This is one of my staple meals. It is quick, easy, healthy, and so so tasty. Seeing that I am on a diet just about 24/7, I always feel a slight bit guilty after eating this. And then I remember that there is absolutely no added fat or oil (in the vegetable portion, at least). If I want to feel completely guiltless I opt out of the crust on the potatoes, or I opt out of the potatoes altogeter in exchange for some spicy curry tofu (recipe to come for potatoes and tofu). This is a crowd pleaser. Don't be fooled by the term curry. This is so flavorful that everyone can enjoy it, without feeling like a heavy Indian curry. It's more of my own take on curry if we all lived in my little world.

Anyways, back to the food. I make this meal extra super easy by pre-washing and cutting a few pounds of the veggies and storing them in a zip-lock bag until I'm ready to use them. I add some grated ginger and grated garlic and shake. As it sits in the fridge the vegetables take on an extra layer of flavor that gives this dish even more wow-factor. I love it!!

Spicy Curry Veggies

This recipe is written as an individual portion since that is how I am used to preparing it. If prepared this way it will allow for up to 5 individual portions to be made on 5 seperate occasions (it is so easy and quick I never make one big batch and leave the leftovers in the fridge as I would for any other meal). Feel free to multiply the marinade portion for your needs if you wish to prepare all the veggies at once.

2 medium zuchinni or green squash
2 large red peppers
1 pound sliced baby bell mushrooms
1 square inch piece of fresh ginger
4 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup water
1 tbl light soy sauce
1 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp red curry powder

Rinse and chop all veggies into equal size pieces (about 1 inch). Place in a large zip-lock bag. Grate ginger and garlic using the small holes of a box grater. Add to the zip-lock bag. Close the bag, leaving some air in and shake vigorously until the garlic and ginger are evenly dispersed. Put in the fridge to use for another day or use immediatly as directed below (note: the longer it sits, the more flavorful the veggies get).


Combine 2 cups veggies, water, soy sauce, curry powder, and hot sauce in a small heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Let simmer uncovered until almost all the liquid has evaporated and the veggies are tender, about 10 minutes. Eat!

No Response to "Spicy Curry Veggies"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes