Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins


When times are stressful, bake. Baking just makes everything better. Fights with sister-in-laws? Bake. Doggy caused a motorcycle accident in front of your house? Bake. Need a present for motorcycle accident victim? Bake! These actually aren't for said motorcycle accident victim, but now I've got myself thinking...These parchment paper wrappers are totally cute too! They're wicked easy, literally cut up parchment paper. And they look damn good with muffins.



I'm having a blueberry moment. Thank you Costco for my giant gallon blueberry crate. This is another recipe from my mom's retro Betty Crocker cookbook.


These muffins have a really tender crumb thanks to buttermilk, and the blueberries stay suspended in the batter after a light coating of flour. These are like perfect summer breakfast food. They're not too heavy yet just sweet and comforting enough to fill you up. My 2 year old taste tester Riley gave them her approval so I know they must be good!

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup blueberries

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or parchment paper squares.

In a large bowl whisk the egg. Whisk in the buttermilk and vegetable oil. In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until blended. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet until they are just moistened. The mixture will be lumpy.

In a seperate bowl toss the blueberries with enough flour to coat, about 1-2 tbl. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.

Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook

3 Response to Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

July 8, 2011 at 9:31 PM

They look fantastic I love blueberry muffins and I totally have an obsession with using buttermilk in baking. I made a blueberry buttermilk coffee cake it turned out really good. I love the parchment paper and I agree they look great on the muffins kudos to you.

July 8, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I'm now following your blog. :)

Anonymous
July 8, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Thanks!! And thanks for checking out my blog! Blueberry buttermilk coffee cake sounds amazing :) I think I finally figured out how to comment back on this thing (not sure if it will actually post my username) so here goes nothing...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes