Blueberry Crisp



How good does a bowl of this blueberry crisp look right now? Look at how yummy everything looks together. I think you need to make this. It is blueberry season in New England after all, and what else are you going to do with all those blueberries? Blueberry pie is great...but really? This is the blueberry filling covered in the "crisp" part of apple crisp. Yum!!




This is a blueberry cobbler-apple crisp hybrid. I basically put the blueberry filling with the crisp topping and cut out the extra sugar. This is really fresh, summery, and comforting. I paired mine with my favorite black raspberry ice cream but vanilla works too. This is all about retro Betty Crocker. My mom's old cookbook that she still has as a wedding gift from the 70's! I am in love with it. It is huge, retro, and every recipe from it is kick ass.


Blueberry Crisp

1/4 cup sugar
1 tbl cornstarch
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 tbl lemon juice
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbl softened salted butter

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium saucepan stir together the sugar and cornstarch to remove any lumps. Add the blueberries and lemon juice and toss to coat. 



Bring to a boil and let bubble away for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour into a glass baking dish while you prepare the crumb topping.

Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon mix in the softened butter until the mixture is combined and crumby. Evenly sprinkle over the blueberries. Bake for 25-30 minutes.


3 Response to Blueberry Crisp

July 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I love blueberry anything this looks really good. I literally was just at the store and bought some Haagen Dazs blueberry crumble ice cream it's a limited edition and I couldn't pass it up. Sigh.

July 7, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Mmm this looks amazing!! If only I could have a slice of that right now! :)

July 7, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I have a pint of blueberries in the fridge! I know what I am going to make!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes