Cafe Vanilla


I love coffee shop drinks; frothy, creamy, indulgent, and centered around my favorite drink: coffee. I have so very many coffee shops that I love. Unfortunately for me, I live in the suburbs where just about the only place to get a quick coffee is Dunkin' Donuts and the occassional Starbucks. So, when I get the chance, it is a treat to be able to get coffee from a real coffee shop in Amherst (college town) or Northampton, MA.


I prefer my coffee brewed strong with lots of heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar; the occasional dollop of whipped cream never hurt either. This is the kind of drink for a special occassion or an occassional treat since the calories are too numerous to count. For some comforting love on a Monday morning I like to turn to this coffee. It is slightly more gourmet than my usual half and half with sugar combo. And it tastes exactly like my favorite coffee, called a Cafe Vanilla, while still being easy enough to make at home.

Cafe Vanilla

12 ounces strong brewed coffee
2-4 tbl sugar
1-3 tbl heavy cream
3-6 tbl half and half
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
homemade whipped cream (optional, recipe follows)

Pour coffee into a 16 ounce take-a-way mug. Add sugar to taste and mix to dissolve. Add in heavy cream and half and half to taste; I use about 2 1/2 tbl of heavy cream to 3 tbl half and half. Stir to mix and add in vanilla. Mix. Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream if desired. Enjoy pure coffee bliss!

Homemade Whipped Cream

*Note: this whipped cream can stay covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.

1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbl sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Whisk all ingredients together either by hand or with a handheld electric mixer until firm peaks form. *Be careful to check consistency often so as not to overbeat in which case the cream may begin solidifying.

2 Response to Cafe Vanilla

August 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM

My mom would love it if I made her coffee like this when she visited us. I drink plain black coffee and it makes her crazy as I never have coffee she will drink lol. I'll keep this in mind for her next visit.

August 3, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I could have used this recipe this morning, yummy!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes