Foodbuzz Blogger Festival Day I



I'm back in action from the Foodbuzz Blogger Festival last weekend in San Francisco, California! The weather's not so hot there this time of year and I sort of felt like I was back home in Massachusetts, sans snow. It all started off with my plane ride over, obvi, and it was a long one with my boyfriend's nervous energy. By the second flight he was on old pro and calming me down...I hate flying.


We stayed at the Marriott Union Square, about 100 feet from the Grand Hyatt hotel where some of the main Foodbuzz events were held. Our bed was really major comfortable, for real. Across the street was a Starbucks! Thought I'd share this crazy tidbit: $8 for a large venti from room service. Taking a walk around the close vecinity we saw shops like Juicy Couture, Agent Provacateur, Coach, Ugg, and Bvlgari. First things first I checked in at the Grand Hyatt and grabbed my swag. It made me feel better that most other foodies took way too many pics of the free samples. I guess it's in our bloggie nature?


Also, I cannot forget the great pizza place we stopped at for a quick bite! I loved that my pizza and beer combo was only five bucks!

Why do I look so sad? Oh yeah, my pizza's gone :(

For real, it was a really good slice of pizza. After that we were ready for a China Town adventure.


I've never been a big fan of China Towns. I have bad memories of the China Town in Boston as a kid - think 1,000 year old eggs and hanging fish. Even so I think we stopped in just about every store.


Of course I couldn't leave without something for Riley. I bought her a complete kimono outfit with shoes to match. Then... it was time to eat again, of course. I wanted to save room for the Foodbuzz Awards dinner that night, but Jason convinced me to get some Chinese food.


The first part of the blogger festival was held at the Metereon where we were served dinner, drinks, and an amazing dessert. The winners of the Foodbuzz Blog Awards were also announced.



I was totally jet-lagged or tired or both because I hadn't slept in over 36 hours at that point. I ended up missing the shuttle to the Metereon and ended up walking the 20+ blocks in my heels. Thankfully Jason walked me the whole way <3


 
I missed the reception, but I did happen to grab a watermelon beer from a local San Francisco brewery, a reception menu, and a small dungeoness crab appetizer before heading up to the dinner, awards, and dessert...




My favorite food of the night was the mini pumpkin-gingersnap pies and macarons. I had an awesome time in my new surroundings and meeting fellow bloggers! By the end of the night I was exhausted and my feet were on fire. Luckily I didn't miss the transportation this time! Jason made sure to walk me back to our hotel, and I slept like a baby!

1 Response to Foodbuzz Blogger Festival Day I

November 16, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Glad you had a great time. Love the photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes