Purple Potato Rosemary Fries



So, let's try to be healthy from now on? That's a question. Do you want to be healthy from now on? I totally do, but I'm way too thinly stretched as is. Like, how do you find time (more importantly energy) to drag your ass to the gym at 5 am and plan out skinny meals all day long? I don't get that. I'm just the opposite of that, I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of eater. More importantly, I've been so stressed out lately that I'm just horribly grumpy and constantly craving cupcakes and french fries. No, I'm not pregnant, but it kinda sounds that way.




I guess I'd rather sit my butt on the lazy boy chair and eat popcorn and blog than go out into real life and do sit ups at the gym. Although, if I found a way to blog and eat while doing sit-ups I'd have a winning combo. Maybe I could blog at the gym on the treatmill/eliptical and eat a power bar afterwards? That's be healthy, right? Maybe they could even be homemade power bars, and then I could blog about those. You know, I'll probably never do this. But I like the idea...




These are sorta healthy. Actually, as far as fries go these are total health food. And I swear to your face these are delicious. It's gonna blow your mind, but they are actually really addictive. Fresh rosemary is so worth it and it actually lasts a long time in the fridge. I'm currently working on a way to use up all those leftover herbs in an herb oil without giving my family botulism. Like I said, a work in progress.

Purple Potato Rosemary Fries

1 1/2 lbs purple fingerling potatoes, cut into quarter wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbl fresh rosemary, chopped

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the quartered potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes or until tender on the inside. Toss the fries with the fresh rosemary and serve.

Source: Sarah Cupcake Original

2 Response to Purple Potato Rosemary Fries

November 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Those looks good and healthy enough. I love rosemary!

November 17, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Wow... those purple fries are kind of freaky. They look like little eggplants. :) I hear you on exercising. I used to be super go get'em a do aerobics every morning. Unfortunately, since I started my blog I get on the computer first thing and have a hard time getting motivated to do much exercise. Plus cooking so much food (especially sweets) can pack on the pounds. :( Yes.. I think my blog is making me fat. : These look like a winning healthy recipe. I think my kids would like to eat them just because they look a little freaky too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes