Banana Cranberry Breakfast Muffins





This recipe popped into my head as a way to avoid shopping. I happened to have brown bananas sitting around with a huge bag of dried cranberries. And I've been craving a semi-sweet breadlike confection to go with my coffee these past few mornings. Something about the cold makes me want to grab a pair of mittens, mug of hot coffee, and a homemade muffin. I feel almost instantly healthier, not only because these muffins are made with bran and honey, but because it beats my normal breakfast of coffee and cheese sticks/pickles/pizza/whatever's-in-the-fridge almost anyday. Once again, Happy Holidays!! Here's wishing for snow soon!!





Banana Cranberry Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup crushed bran cereal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 18 muffin cups with paper liners (or spray with non-stick spray).

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a seperate bowl whisk together the bananas, egg, honey, and canola oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and no flour is visible. Gently fold in the cranberries. Scoop into the muffin tins 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

Source: Sarah Cupcake original.

5 Response to Banana Cranberry Breakfast Muffins

December 7, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Banana and Cranberry, what a fun combination!! I would have never thought to put those two things together! Buzz!
Hey, I'm having a giveaway today, hope you stop by. And good luck!
http://cookincowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/12/cookin-cowgirls-favorite-things.html

December 7, 2011 at 8:24 AM

Oooh, interesting!
I love banana muffins, and though I'm not a huge fan of cranberries (didn't grow up with them in Germany), in this they might just be a great contrast :)

December 7, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Love the sweet and tart combo you have here. Hmmm could this recipe be made with some overripe bananas like the ones my hubby tried to throw away. LOL!

December 7, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Cranberries are rocking my world right now, I just cant get enough and these look awesome,
Take care..

December 8, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Sounds like the perfect comfort food muffin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes