Chocolate Avocado Pudding



I'm really into eating healthy lately. And I'm awed at the amazing abundance of recipes from bloggers that are healthy and decadent. Many of them would make an excellent post workout snack as well as a delicious dessert - now that's healthy.




I've seen this chocolate avocado pudding in a few places, but it was Ashley of the Edible Perspective's breathtaking photos that really made me hunker down and get to business with bananas, avocados, cocoa powder, and cinnamon. I mean, could a recipe get any simpler? I only hope that one day my photos can be as amazingly detailed and beautiful as hers are.




I've got a tasty chocolate pudding here that's seriously delicious and healthy. I love that dieting, detoxing, or just being healthy doesn't mean you have to give up dessert. And I'm seriously loving finding new ways of making healthy dessert treats! I hope you give this dessert a chance. And if my photos aren't enough to convince you, check out these. BTW, she's got some great photography tips on her blog that are extremely helpful. Happy hump day!




Chocolate Avocado Banana Pudding [serves 2-4]

2 avocados, ripe
2 medium bananas, ripe
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

In a food processor, combine the avocado and banana and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides of bowl as necessary.

Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. Process again until smooth.

Refrigerate until ready to serve and add any topping you like.

Store in a sealed container and eat within 2-3 days.

notes:  If you want a thinner consistency, add your favorite milk, starting with 1 tbl at a time. Do not use frozen bananas. The riper the banana, the sweeter and stronger the flavor will be. If you don’t like banana, feel free to sub in a squash puree [drained of excess liquid]. Add honey or maple syrup if desired. An immersion blender should also work for this.

Source: Recipe adapted from The Edible Perspective.

2 Response to Chocolate Avocado Pudding

March 14, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I really need to do this... I think avocados and chocolate would be wonderful together. :)

March 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Omg, you are my hero!

xo,
MD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes