Homemade Larabars



As I speak Riley is standing in front of the television in her giant pink princess tutu twirling around and jumping up and down to the "toddler tunes" tv station. Soooo cute!!




I just finished baking making a batch of homemade larabars from  Chocolate Covered Katie. We're (Riley and I) are attempting to get into the tub of bathwater awaiting her. We're also working on potty training still (more on that later).

After baking up homemade thin mints and a birthday cake from the Momofuku Milk Bar cookbook this week, I needed a little indulgence of my own, sans the indulgence part. Come in homemade Larabars. I have to admit, I was skeptical of these at first. From someone who uses flour, sugar, and butter in  practically every baked good these were totally out of my comfort zone. I'm happy to say that I love love them, and I'm excited to try out new flavors in the future.




On that note, Riley is being too cute for words. All the odds and ends of the living room are now stacked on her toddler-sized chair. And she just folded her fleece jacket up and put it on the couch. Can it get much cuter than that?

Chocolate Pecan Larabars

1 cup pecans (or sub your favorite nuts)
1 1/3 cups pitted dates
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch salt
chocolate chips, chunks, etc. (optional)

Blend all the ingredients, using a food processor. Form into bars. It might help to put dough in a plastic bag and close the bag, then shape into a bar. You can stud the bars with the chocolate pieces or add them in the blending process. *This recipe makes 8 small Larabars at a little under 200 calories each.*

Source: Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie.

1 Response to Homemade Larabars

March 17, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I have a serious larabar addiction...I always have a box of them at home, yours look sooo good! Such a great flavor combo! I'll have to try my own :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes