Watermelon Frosty







Looking for an icy cool summer treat to kill the heat?? Well look no further than this watermelon frosty. This smoothie was a serious revelation to me, and I hope it is to you, too. No where would I ever have thought to combine watermelon into a smoothie than once I saw it on a popular vegan blog. Now this blog has a ton of interesting smoothies, but this watermelon frosty was #1. As you may know by now, I love smoothies with a passion. I'd drink a smoothie for just about every meal if it was tasty and satisfying enough. This smoothie is not only satisfying, but completely healthy, too. I suggest you give it a try.




To make the watermelon cubes, just cut up a watermelon and freeze it. You should turn out a lot of watermelon cubes depending on the size of your watermelon. I've still got a gallon freezer bag of them even after making this smoothie every day this week! Combine with your banana, lemon juice, and maple syrup and you've got a delicious watermelon smoothie, and probably the most refreshing smoothie you'll ever drink. Oh, and you'll need a good amount of water, too. Impatient me learned that you can somewhat avoid leaving the watermelon out on the counter to thaw by just dumping hot water into the blender. Genius. Although if it's hot enough, you could leave it outside.






Watermelon Frosty  
Yield: 1 serving

INGREDIENTS
2 cups cubed and frozen watermelon
1/2 cup water
1/2 banana
juice from 1/2 lemon
1-2 tbl maple syrup

DIRECTIONS
Blend all ingredients together until icy!

SOURCE
adapted from Healthy Happy Life.

6 Response to Watermelon Frosty

June 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM

This looks so good. I just got back from a run and wish I didn't eat that chicken wrap for lunch but had this instead. I've never seen the addition of bananas with watermelon. Can't wait to try it! :)

June 11, 2012 at 2:26 PM

This frosty looks so refreshing, even in our winter weather :D

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

June 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Even looking at that frozen watermelon feels cooling! :)

June 12, 2012 at 9:34 AM

this looks amazing! i need to try this asap~!

June 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Mmmm.. I love the addition of banana here!! Yummy! :)

August 14, 2012 at 10:41 AM

This looks great! Never thought to combine bananas and watermelon. I must try your version soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes