Artichoke Hummus





I'm a huge hummus fan. I usually buy it once a week and struggle to use it all up before it goes bad. With all the different flavored hummus out there, I never really saw any reason to make my own. That was until I saw this recipe for low calorie artichoke hummus from Hungry Girl. To say that I'm obsessed with artichokes is probably right. I'm always keeping an eye out for different ways to prepare them, and this recipe seemed perfect since it also fits right into my diet (120 calories for 1/2 cup). The artichoke flavor really comes through with just a hint of background spice from the cumin and garlic. And while the texture is lighter than normal hummus, I find that it's perfect for lunch with Trader Joe's multigrain crackers (sooo good!). You should really give this hummus a try.

Artichoke Hummus 
Yield: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS
1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp paprika, plus more for garnish
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup vegetable broth or water

DIRECTIONS
Add all ingredients except water to a food processor. Pulse 5 or 6 times, or just until the mixture begins to come together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more times. With the motor running, stream in the vegetable broth or water until the desired consistency is achieved (I used all of mine). Scrape down the sides of the bowl, blend again, scrape out into a bowl and chill for 2 hours. Serve with pita chips and veggies, topped with more paprika for garnish

SOURCE
adapted from Hungry Girl.

1 Response to Artichoke Hummus

August 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM

This looks absolutely delish! I'm always looking for new ways to use artichoke! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes