Chicken, Sweet Potato, Sausage Bake



So if you don't know by now that I'm absolutely obsessed with fall then I'd like to reiterate myself by beginning my "fall food" recipes today, September 5th, five days into my unofficial fall season. I pretty regularly make this recipe with russet potatoes and a ton of olive oil. It's good all seasons. But being that I'm turning a new leaf here, and being "healthy", I'm so super stoked (like, you have NO idea) that this recipe is made with all natural fresh ingredients and not a drop of added oil! K, so now you know why you should put this on your recipe to-do list in the upcoming months.




I also NEED to talk to someone about my fall obsession. I've got about five thousand things I'd like to do, and I think I need to get all OCD up in here and make a schedule. Before Halloween (that's exactly 8 weeks away today, but who's counting) I have to do everything from going on a hayride to pick a pumpkin to driving 3 hours up to Vermont to go to the King Arthur Flour Store. And I need someone to drag along with me the whole way! That may be a problem, but I'm pretty hardcore in my fall activities. So I'me actually creating a list. Workin' away.

Chicken, Sweet Potato, Sausage Bake
yield: 10 servings

INGREDIENTS
4 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
6 hot Italian sausages
5 large sweet potatoes, chopped into chunks
3 yellow onions, quartered
1 garlic bulb, top sliced off
1/2 cup chicken stock (I used almost 1 cup)
1 tbsp dry mustard powder (I used a squeeze of dijon mustard)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp dried rosemary
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a small handful of fresh sage leaves

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange the chicken and sausages in a large roasting pan with the sweet potatoes, yellow onions and garlic, making sure not to overload the pan. In a measuring cup, mix together the chicken stock, mustard powder, honey and rosemary. Pour the stock mixture over the chicken, sausages and vegetables, making sure everything is coated with the stock. Season with salt (adjust according to how salty your stock is) and pepper. Scatter over the sage leaves. Roast in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes. Serve straight from the roasting tin, making sure to spoon over any remaining juices.

SOURCE
adapted from Dinner Do Jour who got it from Good Mood Food

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
serving size = 1/10th recipe
Amount Per Serving
  Calories 258.3
  Total Fat  11.9 g
     Saturated Fat   4.0 g
     Polyunsaturated Fat    0.5 g
     Monounsaturated Fat  0.5 g
  Cholesterol 61.9 mg
  Sodium 387.1 mg
  Potassium 325.4 mg
  Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
     Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
     Sugars 0.0 g
  Protein 14.9 g

1 Response to Chicken, Sweet Potato, Sausage Bake

September 8, 2012 at 6:40 AM

I saw this on your what you ate on Wednesday... it look amazing!! Thanks for the recipe. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes