Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies



I probably ate about a cup of this cookie batter last night. If nothing else, you should make these just so you can eat the batter. It got me thinking about whether or not I could literally just forget the eggs and scoop out the batter for treats. The real deal with flour, brown sugar, and butter. But then I got a hold of myself long enough to put down the wooden spoon and do something productive. That's totally my problem lately. I'm not productive enough, unless you count productivity in cookies and cupcakes. So from now on I'll be posting only healthy food, work-outs, resumes, and to-do lists.




And FYI - if you could see me when I was taking these pictures, you'd see that I'm in full work-out gear ready to spend way longer than I wanted to at the gym. Thanks cookies.

Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies
yield: 24 medium cookies

INGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 sticks (16 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temp
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temp
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
fleur de sel, for sprinkling

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated. The mixture will look light and fluffy.

Add in the vanilla extract and beat to combine.

Turn the mixer to low and add in half the dry ingredients, mixing for about 15 seconds. Add in the second half and beat until just combined. With the motor off, fold in the chocolate chunks.

Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Roll out 2 tbsp ball of cookie batter and place at least 1" apart on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.

Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden around the edges. Let cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

SOURCE
recipe adapted from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking

1 Response to Salted Chocolate Chunk Cookies

September 5, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Mmmmm... love the sweet and salty thing you got going on here!! I would polish off a plate of these. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright © 2009 SarahCupcake All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes